COVID-19 Regulations on St. Maarten/St. Martin
Arriving at Princess Juliana International Airport
- Due to the COVID-19 epidemic Sint Maarten has established a mandatory health pre-authorization application through an Electronic Health Authorization System (EHAS) for every visitor arriving by air including transits, Sint Maarten and Saint Martin residents. Without the health pre-authorization boarding will not be possible. Be advised that processing time can take up to 12 hours. Visitors arriving on a maritime vessel please read the latest requirements here.
- The requirements vary depending on the country risk status which can be found at the bottom of this page.
- All travelers to Sint Maarten who are fully vaccinated are exempted from a COVID-19 test. The completed vaccination date cannot be older than one year, unless a booster shot has been administered before the ending of the one year term. The EHAS application must still be completed. The date of completion of vaccination must be submitted as well as valid proof of vaccination (official country vaccination card or QR code, full name and name, dates administered and batch number(s) of vaccine) from the country where the vaccine was administered. A received booster shot must be indicated in the appropriate field and proof thereof must be uploaded as well.
- You are considered fully vaccinated with an accepted vaccine :2 weeks after the second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer, Moderna, Astrazeneca, Sinopharm, Sinovac/Coronavac and Covishield vaccines, or
- 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson/Janssen vaccine, or
- 2 weeks after the second dose in a 2-dose series combination of a single dose Pfizer or Moderna with a single dose Astra Zeneca, or
- 2 weeks after a single-dose of vaccine after a confirmed COVID-19 infection within 6 months before the vaccination (to be stated on proof of vaccination in absence of a digital COVID-19 infection certificate).
- the accepted Covid-19 vaccines are: Comirnaty (Pfizer), Spikevax (Moderna), Vaxzevria (Astrazeneca), Johnson & Johnson/Janssen, Covishield (Astrazeneca), Sinopharm and Sinovac/CoronaVac.
- All non- fully vaccinated children 5 year of age and older are required to have a negative Covid-19 test in accordance with the required type of test for the risk status of the country of origin. For the age category of 5 up to 10 years, an oropharyngeal swab will also be accepted.
- The government of Sint Maarten has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 insurance for all travelers with destination Sint Maarten with the exception of Sint Maarten residents, transit passengers departing the same day (checkbox), flight crews (checkbox), transiting cruise ship crews (checkbox), French nationals residing in France or a French territory, BES-ZVK insured (checkbox) and AUC faculty and students (special procedure). The insurance purchasing process is an integrated step in the EHAS application. Travelers requiring the COVID-19 insurance must complete this process upon application. For more information on and all questions related to the COVID-19 insurance please visit www.sxmprotectionplan.com or contact customer support at [email protected]
- The application must be completed in order to be processed. This includes proof of a negative COVID-19 test result, information on the vaccination status (including official proof of completed vaccination in case fully vaccinated) and the purchase of the mandatory COVID-19 insurance in case required. Children must have the online health form filled out by their parents. Provide a working personal email address on which you are reachable.
- All incoming passengers are subjected to temperature checks and other screening protocols and may be subjected to mandatory testing at their own expense. Failure to comply with the screening at the Health Check Point upon arrival will result in you not being cleared to enter St. Maarten and sent back to your originating country. If re-tested upon arrival you will be required to self-isolate or self-quarantine at your place of lodging/residence until the test results are known.
- Applicants will receive confirmation of their accepted application. Non-completed applications will be automatically deleted within a day after the provided travel date.
- If health authorization is pre-approved, you will receive a (printable) pre-authorization PDF via e-mail, which must be presented at check in and to the health and immigration authorities upon arrival. This PDF will also contain a QR code which will show the vaccination status and COVID test result when scanned. Keep the original rt-PCR or antigen test result and proof of vaccination always with you. Please check your spam/junk mail folder as well in case you haven’t received a response. If health authorization is not pre-approved, you will receive an e-mail informing you that health pre-authorization has been denied.
- Adherence to all other safety and hygiene protocols like social distancing, mandatory face mask wearing and hand sanitizing is required.
- For travelers originating from both a high-risk and very high risk country, 5 consecutive days of self-monitoring of body temperature and possible flu like symptoms is mandatory. The travelers in this category will receive an automated daily email alert providing a link for submitting the required information online the first 5 days of their stay. If you are remaining for a shorter term on the island, you will have to submit the information for the time you are on the island. Temperature measuring possibilities will also be offered in the lobby in most hotels and other lodging facilities.
Arriving at Grand Case Airport
For all passengers over 12 years old:
• Proof of honor that they are symptom-free and unaware of having been in contact with a confirmed case of covid-19 in the fourteen days prior to the flight.
For all non-fully vaccinated passengers over 12 years old:
• Negative result of a PCR test of less than 72 hours or an antigen test of less than 48h
Nightlife and restaurants
- Clubs, bars and restaurants cleaning protocol has been reinforced.
- Tables and contact surfaces are thoroughly disinfected with an antiviral product.
- No more than 6 people can be seated at any given table.
- You will be served while maintaining physical distancing with appropriate table spacing.
- It is mandatory for staff and customers to wear a mask when moving around.
- Bars and restaurants are closed from 11pm to 5am.
Social distancing must be respected and wearing a mask is mandatory in closed establishments.